What is Paediatric Occupational Therapy?
Therapy Foundations for Education provides professional Occupational Therapy for children aged 0 – 18. We aim to maximize children’s skills to learn, play and care for themselves. Our goal is to identify problems and treat needs.
Children, for instance, can sometimes have behavioural or developmental problems that limit their educational progress. At Therapy Foundations we explore the building blocks of development and foundations for learning.
As Occupational Therapists we are knowledgeable about stages of development and the appropriate milestones in a child’s physical, perceptual, cognitive and sensory development.
Therapy Foundations for Education specializes in the assessment and treatment of a range of paediatric conditions including:
• Motor Co-ordination Difficulties (Dyspraxia, DCD)
• Global Developmental Delay
• Specific fine motor and gross motor difficulties
• Visual Perceptual conditions
• Sensory modulation problems and sensory defensiveness difficulties
• Handwriting difficulties
• Immature organizational skills
• Autistic Spectrum Disorders
• Mental Health conditions including ADHD, anxiety and phobias
• Self-care difficulties (dressing, toileting, feeding)
• Physical disability